CITY OF NEW YORK
Queens Borough President
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Office Title: Community Assistant
Title Code No: 56056
Number of Positions: 1
Hours/Shift: 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
Greets visitors entering the Borough President’s Office seeking help or information and directs to appropriate staff
Answering of multi-line telephone system, make referrals, take messages
May respond to routine telephone calls; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
Maintains a record of all callers and contacts
May perform office tasks such as filing, record keeping, and typing;
There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position. However, the ability to understand and carry out simple instructions is required.
• Working knowledge of office equipment (personal computer, fax machine, scanner, copier, multi-line telephone,
• Computer skills Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft word, excel, etc.)
• The ability to work with a diverse group of people; comfortable talking to and interacting with others with professionalism and courtesy
• Ability to work without supervision in case of absence of supervisor(s) when necessary
• Excellent organizational skills a must
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
A letter expressing interest in the position, a resume
Current City Employees:
Please log into Employee Self Service (ESS) at http://www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID number 306375
All other applicants:
Please go to http://www.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID number 306375
Questions regarding this posting can be sent to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
New York residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment, However, City Employees in certain titles who have work for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discus with the agency representative at the time of interview.
September 29, 2017