QUEENS VIRTUAL INTERFAITH VIGIL: TUESDAY, APRIL 21
Acting Queens Borough President Sharon Lee, in partnership with faith leaders and elected officials, held a Queens Virtual Interfaith Vigil on Tuesday, April 21 for the thousands of lives lost in the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic, and for the frontline and essential workers upon whom the borough relies. The vigil in its entirety can be viewed above.
Confirmed speakers included:
- Imam Shamsi Ali of the Jamaica Muslim Center
- Reverend Dr. John Boyd, II of New Greater Bethel Ministries
- Father Joseph Fonti of The Church of St. Mel
- Pastor Ben Hur of Promise Church
- Dr. Neeta Jain of International Ahimsa Foundation, Inc.
- Rabbi Mark Kaiserman of The Reform Temple of Forest Hills
- Gurdev Singh Kang of the Sikh Cultural Society
- Father Mike Lopez of All Saints Priory Missionary Benedictines of the Poor
- Rabbi Yossi Mendelsohn of Congregation Machane Chodosh
- Dr. Uma Mysorekar of the Hindu Temple Society of North America
- Venerable Youwang Shih of the International Buddhist Progress Society (Be the Light Video)